The Initial Consultation
Like a lot of men and women considering cosmetic plastic surgery in San Diego and La Jolla, you've probably wondered what a consultation with a plastic surgeon is really like. It's understandable. And, it's almost easier to describe one to you by letting you know what it's not like: it's not like the consultations you might have experienced with other doctors. You're probably pretty familiar with those sorts of appointments:
- They tend to be cold and impersonal - a one-way conversation in which the doctor learns just enough about you to provide a quick diagnosis (usually "stress"), while you learn basically nothing about them
- You arrive early, wait a long time in a cramped waiting room either stuffed with outdated magazines or completely absent of them
- They call your name (pronouncing it incorrectly) and you're ushered into a smaller room where the magazines are newer, but the wait is even longer, giving you plenty of time to contemplate what might be wrong, causing you to grow more concerned (and stressed) by the minute.
- You pay a "consultation fee" on your way out, even if you did not decide to get a procedure.
That's the typical visit to a San Diego area plastic surgery doctor's office. The good news?
With over 20 years of surgical experience, triple board certified plastic surgeon Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS is not your typical doctor; his center for plastic surgery is not your typical doctor's office; and, a successful consultation with him is not contingent upon how well you listen.
Request your complimentary consultation online or call (858) 997-0096 for an appointment.
... Because You're Not a Typical Patient.
You're unique, and at your initial consultation, you will have every opportunity to express your goals and expectations, as well as to share your questions and concerns. It's your consultation, and it's all about you. Dr. Chaffoo will examine you and will make recommendations, based on a number of factors:
- Skin elasticity
- Body proportion
- Weight, and
- Other genetic characteristics
Dr. Chaffoo will ask you questions regarding you and your family's medical history, and discuss any health related issues that might affect your surgery. He will work with you to set realistic expectations for your surgery and share the results - including Before & After Photos - of men and women in La Jolla that have elected similar plastic surgery procedures. Finally, should you decide to proceed with plastic surgery, pictures will be taken before and after your procedure to monitor your recovery, document your progress and maximize your results.
And while it would be strange to bring in a photo to the typical doctor's appointment and say, "I want to look like this," Dr. Chaffoo welcomes photos, because they often prove to be a productive starting off point in a relaxing, non-judgmental conversation that's all about you and your desires.
Additionally, unlike at many other plastic surgery practices, a consultation with Dr. Chaffoo is free. We do not charge you if you do not get services. It's as simple as that.
Dr. Richard Chaffoo has an office conveniently located close to you on Genesee Avenue in La Jolla on the Scripps Memorial Hospital Campus at the Ximed Medical Center. Request your Cosmetic Consultation online.
You demand the best from yourself. Dr. Chaffoo demands the best as well - from himself, from his staff and always for you.